Current Graduate Students
News & Alerts
Recent Graduate Student Accomplishments
Successful Dissertation Defenses (AY16-17)
- Ryvka Barnard, "Destination Palestine: West Bank Tourism between Politics and History"
- Ayelet Zoran Rosen, "Bosnia, 1463-1580: An Anatomy of Ottomanization"
- Alya El Hosseiny, New York University Abu Dhabi Institute Humanities Research Fellowship
- Alex Winder, Carola Collier Berthelot Trust Fellowship
- Suneela Mubayi, Carola Collier Berthelot Trust Fellowship
Director of Graduate Studies
Professor Arang Keshavarzian
Office Address: 50 Washington Square South, Room 203, New York, NY 10012
Phone: (212) 998-8885
Fax: (212) 995-4689
Professor Arang Keshavarzian's general fields of research and teaching are comparative politics of the Middle East with a focus on issues related to political economy, transnationalism, and contentious politics in authoritarian contexts. Much of his research and writing focuses on modern Iran and the Persian Gulf, although he has studied, conducted research, and taught in several other countries in the Middle East and North Africa, including the United Arab Emirates, Egypt, and Turkey.